# Temporary account suspension
MailSlurp accounts may be temporarily suspended for a number of reasons. This freezing is not permanent. You can re-enable your account in the MailSlurp account page (opens new window)
Frozen accounts have their subscription cancelled. To re-enable your account recreate your subscription (opens new window).
# What causes account freeze
MailSlurp monitors accounts for:
- missed subscription payments
- high bounce rate of emails sent
- An email will be sent to your accounts email address
# What actions are prevented
- All actions aside from account management are blocked while suspended.
- API calls will return a
429 Too many requestsresponse with a message in the response body.
# How to fix frozen account
- Login to the MailSlurp webapp (opens new window) and navigate to the settings page by clicking settings cog in the header or the sidebar.
- Address frozen cause shown. If you had a subscription previously your subscription will have been cancelled. Re-enable the subscription by recreating the subscription (opens new window).